Sunday, June 29, 2008

Updates

Sorry I have not blogged this week but I will give you a quick update... Monday (the kids got glasses at school)...it was really fun because 6 kids got glasses donated from a doctor to the school kids.. I am not explaining this well... the eye doctor came a couple weeks ago and tested all the kids' eyes and then made glasses for all of the kids that needed them... all donated...really cool). So they had a ceremony to give the glasses away. ( don't worry I will post pictures) Tuesday... we got ice cream at lunch for the kids it was fun. Wednesday... was movie day... we brought an American movie and candy for the kids... once again fun. Thursday..Burma.. white temple( extremely cool). Friday..nothing much to report. Saturday... learned about Buddhism from a monk...good Thai food..Thai message (AMAZING)... Thai movie (a little funny...a little weird)... night market ( great purchases)Sunday (today

2 comments:

Audra said...

That sounds like a fun week! How nice for the kids getting glasses to be able to see!!! I am sure Yonas has eyes of a hawk because he can spot a snake from a mile away, but Silas (Yomane) and Salie Ruby (yes, she decided on Ruby... everyone in the family just has to get over it... haha) I am not sure how well they see since they do not know enough English to test them with the chart. So, I hope they can see well.

Man, that was off the subject! Anyway, I am glad you are doing well. I would love to learn Buddhism from a monk. I read Sidhartha in high school and I leard about Toaism from the Toa of Pooh. It would be nice to learn more about the religions from believers. I love Buddhism. It is so peaceful and there are a lot of principles that can be used in our lives to make us a lot less crazy! :)

Stephanie said...

Sounds like so much fun, but you're leaving me hanging. I want to know details about each of those things. . . you got to learn from a monk?