Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our week

This week has been pretty usual well I guess for Thailand standards. We taught English as usual and I got to teach 3 art classes. Teaching art is so much fun!!! Teaching English is really hard and frustrating. We have to explain things a million times and the kids misbehave.... they are just normal children and are really cute. I think it is just what comes with teaching English but with art it's just fun. The kids and I just sit around and play with clay and pretend with our clay figures. It is fun. Oh.... I almost forgot the highlight of the week. Two of our students came to our house to visit us. They brought their pet mouse and had Sam and I held it and played with it. Well... I am one of those people that trouble always seems to find and the mouse bit me... just a tiny nibble and then my finger swelled and began to burn and itch. I showed a teacher at our school the next day and she took me to the doctor. That is another interesting experience but I will spare you the details. Let's just say translating is difficult and hospitals look like big houses next to a cow pasture. No scrubs no office no disinfectant and the pharmacy is in the same building which is pretty cool. I got some medicine and the swelling should go down soon I hope. We only had to pay 2.50 (70 baht) for all the medicine ( it is real medicine the same you would get in the United States I have seen it before and in little pop out packets)... why is medicine so expensive in the United States?????? Sorry this is so long.

2 comments:

Annette said...

You know that's how the plague was spread!!!!

How are you guys? We have just got out of school the day before yesterday and I'm already counting the days until school starts again.

We have chickens too! 11 of them. The kids keep naming them after their friends. One of the chickens named Robert died and when their friend Robert came to visit. It freaked him out when we showed him his grave.

Stephanie said...

To bad you can't load up on random prescriptions for future use:)