Monday, May 19, 2008

The walk of pain....

Sorry I have not posted a new post in a while we have not had Internet access. We have to walk about 20 minutes to get Internet access and usually after we teach school we are so tired. I never realized how much goes into teaching it is a lot of work. We love the kids we teach they are so cute and really nice. The children help us with our Thai and are very helpful. Today we will be teaching about clothing... This past weekend was a Buddhist holiday so we did not have school on Monday. On Sunday we walked up this mountain to a Wat in celebration of Buddha's birthday and day he received enlightenment. WOW!!! What a hike it was 17 Kilometers which is about 10 miles I think... We stared the trek at about 9 and got to the top at 2...it was really tiring.We got home at about 5:30 in the morning because traffic was so bad getting down the hill. Sorry I have not included pictures yet. Later today I will try to post some.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's amazing. I wish I were there.